[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]So where is all this Flordia Grid League stuff going?
Our primary goal
Our primary objective is, and will always be, to provide an approachable and amazing experience playing the best sport in the world: GRID. It’s important to us that EVERYONE have this opportunity whether you are an elite athlete showcasing top line talent, or someone just starting your fitness journey. All you need is an interest in competition, a willingness to learn and train as part of a team, and a group of friends (or others) excited to take that journey with you.
We will accomplish this with our GRID 6 Series, starting this August, as well as other one-off events, and “season based” opportunities (currently in development).
[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/3″][vc_column_text]This will always be our primary objective because we know the Florida fitness market needs a DIFFERENT type of competitive opportunity. An opportunity to bring men and women closer together through an intensely fun, competitive, team based experience that celebrates a wider variety of athlete types… That can only be considered a positive, right?
Plus, having another reason to use your fitness for fun, and ultimately be more inspired to be fit, is ALWAYS a good thing!
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”2/3″][vc_single_image image=”1200″ img_size=”full”][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_column_text]
So, how do we take it to the next level? How can athletes, coaches, and people that “get it” be more involved and try their hand at a higher level of GRID competition?
We are so glad you asked.
Coming in 2017 is the next step. This is where the cream rises to the top, and the highly competitive form of true GRID comes to fruition in Florida. We set out to find which city in Florida is home to the championship winning team of the Florida Grid League.
City based teams representing the major markets in Florida will compete in a season long series of head to head matches that culminate into a Championship winner. There will be a North and South Conference for regular season and playoff matchups. The winner of each conference will meet in a Championship match to determine the Florida Grid League champion.[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”1199″ img_size=”full”][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]Each team will consist of the following:
- General Manager
- Up to 18 athlete roster (9 men and 9 women)
A single person can fill multiple roles within a team, or there can be multiple people filling each non-athlete role, but each role must be addressed. Match rules will follow the NPGL rules. There will be 14 active athletes for any given match, and 2 subs per gender throughout a given match, with 5 men and 5 women available to compete on the GRID within the match.
This higher level opportunity will require more specific types of people. Below is who we think will be most interested in participating in our FGL season at this level:[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/3″][vc_custom_heading text=”Athletes” google_fonts=”font_family:Oswald%3A300%2Cregular%2C700|font_style:400%20regular%3A400%3Anormal”][vc_column_text]
- Any NPGL aspiring athlete
- Specialist athletes that are biased toward a certain type of skill. This bias may inhibit you from excelling in a general fitness comp, but is great for GRID
- Generalist athletes that prefer shorter time domain workouts – High speed, high output, fast recovery types. (if you excel at 20 minute+ workouts, but can’t move fast, GRID may not be for you)
- Athletes that can move a high percentage of max weight for many reps. The best weight movers in the sport may not have the highest max’s, but can move 85% for 10.
- Athletes that can execute large sets of bodyweight movements. Even if you are not the fastest, if you can hang on for large sets you can excel. Speed is an added bonus though.
- Athletes that feel at home as part of a team. If you can’t respect, learn from, and appreciate working with great athletes around you, GRID is not for you.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/3″][vc_custom_heading text=”Coaches” google_fonts=”font_family:Oswald%3A300%2Cregular%2C700|font_style:400%20regular%3A400%3Anormal”][vc_column_text]
- GRID coaches need to be able to think fast and in the moment. They take a very active role in the team performance on the GRID during the match.
- GRID coaches need to be able to think strategically. Coaching experience in other team sports often translates well, as every other team sport requires a strategic game plan ahead of time. It is quite often the case that an extremely effective fitness based coach (CrossFit, weightlifting, gymnastics) lacks the full capacity of game strategy to be truly effective as a GRID coach.
- Team based coaching is also a very different demand than individual coaching. Managing several personality types and getting the group to think and act as one unit is a very difficult task that not everyone is cut out for. But if it sound like a challenge you are up for, it may end up being more meaningful to you than most other things in your life
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/3″][vc_custom_heading text=”General Managers” google_fonts=”font_family:Oswald%3A300%2Cregular%2C700|font_style:400%20regular%3A400%3Anormal”][vc_column_text]
- General managers will be responsible for team operations including any general business functions associated with the team.
- They will also be the point of contact for League communications and any other team based communications.
- GMs will be responsible for teams executing their matches and other responsibilities as needed and within the rules of the League.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_custom_heading text=”Get involved! Learn more. ” font_container=”tag:h2|text_align:center” google_fonts=”font_family:Oswald%3A300%2Cregular%2C700|font_style:400%20regular%3A400%3Anormal”][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]Do you feel you fit one of these roles well and would be interested in learning more? Fill out the form to the right and we will be in touch. We are always looking for the right individuals to be a part of our organization and are looking forward to talking to you more about it!
Thank you for your time in reading more about the Florida Grid League. We look forward to working with you in the future.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″]